Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Coffee Time at Chye Seng Huat Hardware

This is the firs time, in decades, I called my cousin Kelly out for lunch and coffee. After driving round and round, depending on my recently downloaded HTC offline map for Singapore navigation, it failed big time with these much changes at MBS area! A matter of 5-10 seconds left or right turn choice after each turn I've made! Navigation was totally outdated!

Instead of a 10 minutes from where I was to meet my cousin, I've spent almost an hour before I arrived!

It was only when I had the chance to found a good stop to switched navigation method on my phone. First time using Google Navigation on my phone since this function is deactivated in Malaysia. Thank goodness it works in Singapore! StarHub prepaid - buy mobile internet plan - turn on Google Navigation - brief learning curve on usage. Back on track! Voice turn-by-turn is brilliant!


Google Nav
Photo from Phandroid

After our late lunch at my favourite beef noodle in Balestier, we drove to Novena Square for a bit of shopping and my ATM needs. Since we had only a short window time before I need to leave, we decided to have coffee at a nice outlet suggested by Kelly!

Chye Seng Huat Hardware

Cashier at Chye Seng Huat Hardware
Cashier & Barista. A klutz handling my espresso
Indoor bar and seatings at Chye Seng Huat Hardware
Indoor Bar & Seatings. Full blast air-conditioning and fans!
Chye Seng Huat Hardware / Papa Palheta
150 Tyrwhitt Road, Singapore 207563
+65 6396 0609
[1.311625, 103.860321]
http://goo.gl/maps/38iDO

0 comments:

Post a Comment