Sunday, September 28, 2014

On Our Way to Jetwing Blue, Sri Lanka

Now is the time to really utilise my newly bought selfie-monopod!

Well, the perk of living close-by Singapore is the nice selection of flights exiting its airport. Of course, Singapore's Changi Airport is also my favourite airport to use! Everything is in order, clean and well-thought out for passengers.

Pretty efficient even for a group of 4 shot

+Kenneth Loke has chosen a good day of the week to fly out from this airport. Sunday morning is pretty good to drive in from Johor Bahru to Singapore, avoiding the usual traffic congestion between these two countries.

Mama +Doreen Kwa insisted of giving us a ride in! Although we had already planned to pay for a private chauffeur service. It is quite a common service to be found here. Land travelling between Singapore and Malaysia. Especially between Johor Bahru and Singapore. All you need to do is just Google for the latest information.

Without my selfie-monopod, awaiting to board

We had a quick breakfast at the food court in Terminal 3 before boarding.

Taken with my Sony RX100

Taken with my Xiaomi Mi3's front camera. It has automatic Skin Softening mode. Err...too much!

Complimentary upgrade to Business Class! This is the first time we took this airline. Everything about this trip is arranged and paid for by Jetwing Blue (Sri Lanka) for my husband's service as a Guest Chef in their hotel (upcoming Colombo Fashion Week 2014 event).

Time to fly!

I must say, from the moment we checked in at the airport (SriLankan Airlines counter) to the moment we checked into our hotel, EVERYTHING was pleasantly great! Not a single boo-boo. In fact, quite a number of great pleasant surprises!







E.g.,

  1. While queueing for our check-in at the airport, though not crowded, all the Economy Class lanes are taken up. Upon seeing this situation, the lady behind the Business Class counter offered to check us in! So sweet! She was all smile in the wee morning, too!
  2. Our flights were already checked in by the staff in charge at Jetwing Blue. In the itinerary, we were already given our seat numbers. Upon boarding, our seats were changed. When we boarded, we realised we were given a free upgrade to Business Class!
  3. It has been a while since I last took a fleet that actually doesn't skimped on its fuel! From the moment we were seated before taking off till we landed, the air is super well-ventilated! In fact, my husband was freezing! We really didn't expect it because we were quite used to fleet saving fuel by cutting off the ventilation to its lowest.
  4. You need a visiting Visa to enter Sri Lanka these days. My husband has made a mistake with my passport number on it during application. Missed by one number. But the efficient Head of Immigration just crunched in less than 10 keystrokes on his PC system, I'm cleared! Super!
  5. You need to change Sri Lanka's rupees in the country itself. As informed by the counter in Singapore's airport. When we exited the airport, there were plenty of legal and legit money changers! Convenient to the max!
  6. If you're like me, when travelling, we always get the local prepaid SIM cards of the country we're in. This is because my husband and I are often travel together on a long period in another country. We are often separated at the said country so keeping in touch through phone is very important for us. Well, all the telcos of this country has a booth when you exit the airport! Mostly free to take SIM cards and best, free mobile data from Dialog!
  7. Jetwing Blue has also arranged a driver to picked us from the airport! Friendly and helpful driver who was already acting like a tour guide to us on our drive to the hotel!
  8. When we arrived, the Resident Manager, Mr Ravi immediately recognised my husband! Gave us a super warm welcome and introduced us to whichever staff we came across! I later found out, they have printed my husband's name and photo at the staff area prior to this already! Efficient and super service at its best example!
  9. We were swiftly checked into our bedroom. Big, clean and beautiful sea-facing view! This hotel is huge! Despite that, this is the record breaking for me when calling for any room service, they arrived the fastest! I later discovered, this hotel's main phones are all wired up on cordless for the staff, too! When I received a call asking if I wanted drinking water (bottles) - because we had asked for extra once - I replied yes, went to the door and watched the staff who has called me holding the phone as he ran towards me with the bottles!



All right, need to get some sun for now before another update. I've also shot some videoclips, awaiting to be edited. But... I've been lazy. I haven't even started on those travel footage taken in January 2014!

Spotted this "Kembara" at the open car park in airport!


I'll try to complete them during my laid back session here. Fingers crossed, and a light kick on my lazy arse!

Update: This blog's video is done. Check it out below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment