Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Shibuya Shopping & Great Dinner at Tonteki Tokyo

GPS 35.66, 139.699

First stop once we came out from Shibuya train station is to head towards my favourite store - The Loft. On the way there, we've checked out smaller shops within these buildings for interesting items.

Inside Shibuya's Loft

My face seemed distorted in the photos. Teehee. Guess I've found my non-complementary side of me face; if I can remember it thereafter is another story.

Add caption

Bought quite a few items at The Loft before we checked Muji nearby.

無印良品 原宿

[Muji in Shibuya GPS 35.662, 139.7] Spent some time at this branch of Muji to look for some of the things in my shopping list.

I was still hunting for the new Anello design. Managed to find it at the lady's Shibuya 109. Buying Anello in Japan is cheaper by 30 - 35% than Zalora. This shop I've bought from was selling a little lower than the retail pricing, too. Compared to those found in chain departmental stores.

Also stopped by Bic Camera to check out my cordless vacuum cleaner choices and latest hair dryer on sales.

We stopped shopping when almost all the shops closed! That's like almost 22:00H before we gave up shopping and hunt for dinner instead.

Tokyo Tonteki

Best place to satiate your pork craving! Portion, taste and price = PERFECT! I like to read food boards outside the building to find my next eat. Found this eatery slightly out from the touristy area and hidden well on the second floor. Finding the entrance and to the restaurant itself is also a little tricky; up the winding and rather dark stairs. It's not dingy. It's softly lighted from the lobby of this building with several other outlets diverted from here. The stairs is a modern design and rather wide type. Just too lowly lit for the clumsy me.

Took some photos from the outside so you'll be able to find it when you're around this area. It's upstairs from the yellow signboard, entrance from the side to go in.

GPS 35.661, 139.699


Tonteki is on the left of these road signs in pic



Waiting & watching other chefs at work

There's nothing disorderly about the workflow here. Bar seats are available around the open kitchen. There are only a few tables available here. We've chosen the bar seats, of course.



We need to wait for an extra 15 - 20 minutes for our order. We've ordered the 500gm set, which can feed the hungry me and my giant hubby. Who was also pretty famished from walking a lot since late morning.

Tokudai Tontenki Teishoku 2,200 Yen

It is really HUGE! Good! We need to walk a lot of stairs and pathway from here to home after dinner!

Station is under some work

Even though the station is almost right next to it, because of the reconstruction, we were diverted to walk quite a big round and many flight of stairs to reach the station. Great! Get to burn off that giant meal we've just had.

0 comments:

Post a Comment