Friday, July 19, 2013

19/7/2013 Vlog in KUL


View in YouTube

This is the missing parts from that day. A little part where A.C and I went missing for a tad while the men are still busy with the day's event.

Cosmopolitan x2, Each

Truth be told, I thought I was just sneaking out for a short breather with A.C. I just didn't expect a breather means lightening our heads with a couple of Cosmopolitan, each! TipsyGigglingSlurring time!

We did spend longer time away than expected. But came back to the event JUST in time to meet our men! Talk about perfect timing. Nice!

After lunch sampling, A.C went back to her room for a change. It's pool and sun time! She has been looking at the sunny window longingly the whole morning!

As for the rest of us, we are back in the practice kitchen. Jonas unloaded the things he brought over from Sweden for +Kenneth Loke and off we went to search for a specific dishware.

It took Jonas a little struggle to find the dishware he has in mind. So, we finally settled on a second choice and off we went, back to the practice kitchen.

I had to search for the menu material and WTF (!!!) ... there isn't a single stationer nearby! I couldn't believe it. Tried my luck searching on foot first. After a few MALLS in K.L, I gave up! I drove to The Gardens Mall in peak hours after confirming with +Joanne Khow for the nearest stationer.

When I arrived at Art Friend's entrance, my hope was raised. At least this look like a proper stationer I am familiar with. Alas! It wasn't. It has less collections than the usual type of stationers I visited.

For a start, they don't have washi (和紙)! I have to settle for a local range of drawing blocks, slightly aged. I need it to have a certain textures and thickness for me to curl it, and stays curled! Thanks to the helpful staff there, he managed to find THREE (estimated) A2/A3 sized of the similar type/colour for me. No less, no more. Sigh. The place was a mess! As much as I would like to DIY the paper to aged at the exact colour I've wanted, I gave up. No time!

Next, I need some fibrous paper twirled strings of a certain size. Nope! Choices NIL. Loads of cheap nylon types and of wrong sizes. I settled for the one and only natural strings found. Hemp twirled strings. Slightly thinner than I've planned to get but will do. All my art supplies are back in J.B. I have to paid pretty hefty for second choices here. Sigh.

By the way, in case you're wondering why is it such a rush, I was told it is needed at close to midnight before this. I'm never the last minute sort but... "It wasn't me!" is my answer for you.

It was 8 plus in the evening when I finally got back to J.K's house. Still need to choose fonts and refine alignment for the final print works. The printer wasn't as cooperative as we've hoped.

Paper sectioned and torns at side for eFX, fonts chosen, alignments set, tested and first work is out!

At least it curled right for the effect I wanted. When the judges are seated on that level, I want that optical curves view as part of the design. No point crying about the perfect look I wanted to achieve with the paper and string now. Need to rush for my next appointment and my sweetie is awaiting there!

Changed into a dress without a matching shoes, I rushed back to town. I'm wearing a flats in knees covering length dress! Yucks!

Picked my love from Berjaya Times Square hotel lobby and off we jammed to Marini's On 57.

We were so late! Everyone is done with dinner there. Kenneth and I haven't even had time for our dinner this evening. But Federico is such a gem! Fed us some yummies while we unwind with the gang. Had a good laugh and catch-up with Otto! The last few times we met, he was swarmed! What do you expect? We were at those culinary events.

Kenneth and I have to leave earlier. I was super tired. He needs to be up by dawn tomorrow. It's B-Day. B for Bocuse d'Or, naturally ^_____^

0 comments:

Post a Comment