Monday, June 27, 2011

「Videos」Furry Farm Time & Funday Out with 'em Loverlies



At 1100hrs on a beautiful Sunday, we gathered at Renaa: Matbaren for the arrival of Chef Sven Erik to go on a pleasant little trip at his friend's, Mr Sigurd's farm. Despite the misleading weather forecast we've known, the weather held throughout the day till very much later in the evening.


It was a scenic & pleasant ride from Stavanger town to Hommersåk. We arrived at Gydas Jordepler less than 30 minutes later, or so. We were greeted warmly by Mr Sigurd & Family, and the arrays of beautiful plants, flowers, herbs, vegetables, strawberries & several animals. I was so pleased to meet a cutesy ginger cat there who kept following me around! He was my little furry guide around the farm. Lucky-su! Also note, I was being chosen by one of the working Fjord Horse at the farm! She, too, was following me around, closely & nudging me ever so often! Fjord Horses are not particular tall in built but I've learnt they are strong and keen worker! Mr Sigurd had to made the horse stop working the farm from time to time as they can be quite the workacholic! Amazing!


I was lucky to have Mr Sigurd showing me the farming tools & am totally amazed at how ancient, precious and effective they were! There aren't wastage or big, dirty tractor machines here. Plants are watered by rain & fertilised by the animals' manure. The animals are fed with what was grown here. I also learnt that by using traditional method of farming with 'em horses, the soil are better controlled in loosening, density and spacing.


We spent quite some time here before leaving for lunch nearby. I wasn't ready to leave these beautiful farm, garden and animals. I don't think anyone will, especially on such a beautiful weather. It has been raining quite a lot before this trip. Coming here was the best treat for me thus far!


By the way, Gydas Jordepler is in Facebook. You can view more photos and details over there. I'm pretty sure they welcome visitors there. Just ain't sure when or how ^^;



Lunch at Kronen Gaard Hotell on our way back to Stavanger Town. This is where we, unknowingly, gotten a good tan. As for me, the back of my neck was burnt, unknowingly, of course. The sun was strong but the chilling wind has done a good job at masking it. I had the grilled beef steak; mistake! I really should just stick to seafood in this part of the world. Kenneth had a Norwegian traditional braised beef served with some sort of local sour cream blend and jam. It was good! The shrimp cocktail salad in Stavanger is the real deal. Unlike many other places, the shrimp IS the main and not buried by greens. So, if you're visiting Stavanger and its surrounding towns, remember to just go for the seafood (blue mussels, halibut, cod, salmon, shrimp), local potatoes (season) and local strawberries (season). I've never eaten potatoes this good in other parts of Europe/America thus far!

0 comments:

Post a Comment