Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Lunch at Mathias Dahlgren's Matbaren

A brief walk from Fleminggatan to our lunch at Mathias'.


It was really a nice & fun lunch with the bunch. Mathias came over for a tad and surprised me with words like, "...seen you yesterday" & "...walk passed twice". For a moment there, I thought he had seen my doppelganger! That's a scary thought, mmmkay? But, oh my, he has such keen eyes & memory! I walk passed his restaurant twice yesterday when we parked nearby for a walk in Gamla Stan! I don't think there are that little of Asian there so, I can't possibly had stood out that much ^^; And may I just say, Mathias looks really adorable! He's humble, pleasant, has good skin & dons a pair of healthy pink cheeks! Envy.


After meal, the lovely Daniella shown us around the restaurant & kitchen. At this point, I started to realised I haven't cleared the clips in my camcorder after backing up to another device! My camcorder at that point was almost full! Missed a lot of shots on my camcorder but did manage to captured some stills on Kenneth's dCam. Photos are still with him so it is a no show for here now. Pity though, I didn't get to capture clips of their beautiful Matsalen's kitchen & that cute little chef table! Spent some precious time clearing up the already backed up clips from my camcorder & off we go for a little walk before the boat ride.


Food:

  • White Asparagus & Morels & Spring Onion (egg 63℃, hollandaise sauce, fried bread)
  • Beetroots & Jerusalem Artichoke (truffle, watercress, hazelnut, aged cheese)
  • Sashimi of Salma Salmon & Reindeer (avocado, ginger, horseradish) Jonas said I've travelled half way round the world for this but come on, it's reindeer! Not horse (Japan)!
May have missed out some others I've forgotten.

Dessert:

  • Baked Wild Chocolate from Bolivia (sour cream, toffée ice cream, nuts)
  • Natural Yoghurt & Peach (honey, nuts, olive oil, sea salt)

Images via Mathias Dahlgren

0 comments:

Post a Comment