Saturday, August 22, 2015

Happy Anniversary 2.2 (Moto 360 & Asus Zenwatch)

For Him
After a few weeks passed with pack-filled appointments, we gave up trying to take a short getaway trip to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary this year. For the reserved funds we have for this event, we're going to just get each other the lowered price Android Wear in the market now.

Looking good (^_^)
I've been waiting for the prices to drop since its (Android Wear) announcement a year plus ago. The prices are at our comfortable, reserved zone and decided to get one each in celebration of our anniversary this year.
His (Left) and Hers (Right)
We've ordered both at the same time. Online. From different website. Mine from Expansys (Moto 360). Thinking it is about RM100 cheaper than the same website (Lazada) my husband's Asus Zenwatch, that's quite a saving. But you know what, after the shipping and GST, it was the same price, minus all the hassle that Expansys made me went through to get it.

Expansys Purchasing Experiences:

  1. RM699 for Moto 360 with black leather strap. Shipping is RM44. Amounted to RM743.
  2. Online order with given Credit Card details. No other mode of payment given, e.g., PayPal.
  3. 25 hours later, received email asking me to acknowledge a plausible additional cost will be incurred for the item to be shipped into Malaysia. E.g., custom clearance, GST, et al. No amount stated. Just stated the chosen courier agent will inform me of the additional fee.
  4. Replied the email to acknowledged and approved.
  5. Another 28 hours later, no reply from Expansys.
  6. Call Expansys Singapore from Malaysia. Because the other option is calling their more costly Hong Kong telephone number.
  7. After phone call, received an email from Expansys to acknowledged my agreement for the extra (plausible) cost.
  8. Another 23 hours later, Expansys sent me another email asking me to verify the credit card given. Following the instruction and link given, I submitted my rented house's utility bill and explain the name difference on the bill. On the email they have sent, they stated the utility bill is acceptable just to verify the shipping address is tally with the credit card. No mention of name.
  9. Another 20 hours later, no reply from Expansys. Call Expansys Singapore again. 10 minutes later, email acknowledging they have received the document for verification. A SMS was sent from my husband's credit card about the charges.
  10. Another 25 hours later, email from Expansys asking me to do a bank in to their Hong Kong's company to process the purchase - RM743. 
  11. Call credit card helpline. Unable to cancel. Only merchant can cancel the billing. If merchant did not collect the fund after 7 days, the billing will be null.
  12. Call Expansys Singapore, asking them how can they ensure the "pre-authorised" sum they have requested from my credit card to be cancelled after 7 days if I bank in to their Hong Kong's bank account another RM743? They couldn't. Only words. I requested to cancel the order. Only then they told me the scanned copy of utility bill is not able to get the security passes for credit card billing. How the world can they request for "pre-authorised" sum to my credit card in the first place? They asked for passport of the credit card owner now.
  13. Scanned and mailed passport.
  14. 2 hours later, no response in my inbox. Call Expansys Singapore again. Told them I have emailed the passport scan.
  15. 5 minutes later, received an email from Expansys acknowledging the scanned passport is received.
  16. Another 18 hours later, email from Expansys giving me the tracking number of shipment. Stating I will be receiving my item the next day before 18:00H.
  17. 21 August 2015, 11:30H, FedEx called. Arrived. GST fee is RM49.30. No prior notice. I'm short of RM5. Requested to pay in Singapore Dollars. Agent called main office for grace. 10 minutes later, rejected my request to pay in Singapore Dollars. Will deliver tomorrow. Total RM792.30. Can find better local deals with far less hassle.

GUTTED

Lazada Malaysia Purchasing Experiences:
  1. Found deals online. Cheaper than Expansys.
  2. Click Order. Stated 4-5 days delivery after purchasing. Enter promotion code. Another 15% off.
  3. Credit Card details given.
  4. SMS from credit card informing the purchase.
  5. 3 days later, shipping tracking number given - SKYNET.
  6. 4th day, tracking stated out for delivery. Delivery failed without contact from SKYNET.
  7. 5th day, call SKYNET. Short of staff. No delivery yesterday and today. Will do the next day.
  8. 6th day. Delivered.
If Lazada doesn't use some of the less reliable courier agents, the transaction will be smooth like butter. I've been purchasing from them a lot. Only SKYNET and GDEX have delivery issues thus far.

Purchasing from Expansys is quite a nightmare. Depict the whole purpose to choose the ease of online purchasing.



0 comments:

Post a Comment