Thursday, June 18, 2015

Oyakodon

When time is pressing, make oyakodon!
Fell asleep in the late evening before I started preparing for late dinner today. Actual time used for cooking this dish is under 20 minutes. But the lay-out of my current kitchen doesn't allows me to make cooking that fast.

I have only 1 kitchen sink, one large and one small electric stove ring and a very small space assets for cleaning and mise en place. 90% of the actual cooking requires the usage of that single large stove ring. Washing has to be done almost immediately and dry-to-clear. Remember, I only have ONE sink with ONE small space to drain-and-dry cutlery.

I usually have this meal with boiled plain rice. Tonight, I'll be replacing the rice with vermicelli. Hubby has some left in the fridge after our Sunday lunch's usage.
Thick vermicelli bought in Tesco
Boil cooking the vermicelli on two parts in a smaller pot on the other small stove ring while I started making my miso shiru in the large pot on the large stove ring. Using home-made concentrated chicken stock, a teaspoon of bonito dashi granule, dehydrated kelp as my miso shiru base tonight. White miso paste to taste before adding egg tofu cubes.

Slices of onion are thrown into the pan after the mixture of mirin, cooking sake, soy sauce, sugar and a cup of bonito dashi are boiled.

Place chicken slices/cubes on top of the onion and close the lid. Simmer on medium heat for about 8 minutes, turn heat off and slowly drizzle in the 2 beaten eggs onto it. Shake the pan a little if chicken or egg is sticking to the pan. Done!

0 comments:

Post a Comment